The Old Sawmill Cafe Bar & Restaurant
Offering high quality locally sourced food
We are proud to have been appointed members of Food & Drink Devon. An association of like minded businesses, dedicated to providing good quality local food & drink.
Menu options range from mushrooms on toast, egg & bacon baps to the River Dart Campers Breakfast which consists of two rashers of bacon, two pork sausages, two hash browns, mushrooms, baked beans, tomato, free range fried egg, black pudding,toast and a cup of tea or coffee - enough to satisfy the hungriest of campers! Vegetarian options are also available.
Served 12pm - 3pm
Menu options are varied and include hot toasted wraps and crusty doorstep sandwiches with a selection of fillings to choose from, all served with chips and a side salad.
All Day Menu
Served from 12pm - 8pm, with inside table service (high season only) for the evening.
Menu options include various burgers including The River Dart Whopper Burger - two handmade beef burgers topped with bacon, cheddar cheese BBQ sauce and onion rings. Also on offer is, fajitas, pasta and fish dishes, plus many more options sure to tempt your taste buds.
Why not try our nachos with either char grilled chicken breast and bacon, chilli beef with kidney beans and red peppers or three cheese - great for an afternoon snack after a hard days play!
A smaller portion option ideal for children or those with a reduced appetite, includes battered fish, mini pizza, chicken fillets and more all served with chips or mashed potato and a choice of beans, peas or salad.
Dessert Menu - Served all day
Choose from chocolate brownie sundae or fudge cake a great way to finish your meal.
Sunday Carvery is available every Sunday, except Christmas and New Year, throughout the year.
The Carvery offers a selection of local meats carved for you with a superb choice of vegetables and roast potatoes. A vegetarian medley is also available.
Carvery is served from 12 - 3pm every Sunday, 12 - 8.45pm in high season.
River Dart Country Park & Holne Park House residents prices - Adults £8.95, children £4.95.
Day visitors - Carvery prices include entry to the River Dart Country Park for the day! If you purchase a Sunday Carvery ticket at the main gate then your car pass will be included in the price. Please pay for your Carvery and Park entry at the gate to claim this offer. Price from Easter to end of September 2014 - Adults - £14.50, children (under 13) £11.25. Advance booking is advisable.
Oasis & Ice Cream Hut
Open during high season offering Langage Farm ice creams, hot and cold drinks, snacks and other refreshments.
We are proud of the fact that our food, wherever possible, is locally sourced and prepared on site.
- Our meat is from Leeches Butchers supply our succulent steaksand meat from local farm suppliers.
- Seasonal vegetables and potatoes for our hand cut chips and crispy roast potatoes from the carvery are from Steers Grocers a local supplier who has a vast network of West Country growers.
- Free range eggs from Devon Eggs whose hens live in the rolling Devon countryside in a natural and free environment.
- A selection of our bottled beer & cider is produced & bottled using Bays Brewery a family run brewery based in Torbay who have also won a series of top awards.
- Real ale from Hunters Brewery is used in our batter for fish and chicken fillets.
- Riders Bakers, based in Kenn, supply out fresh baps crusty bread.
- Venison is from a locally managed supply within Dartmoor.
- Even our burgers and chips are handmade on site!
- We are happy to support our local suppliers.